Bringing a literal new sense to the phrase a rude awakening, Zara and Mommy were aroused at the unGodly hour of 715am to be at school by 830am.
I knew we had to leave the house by 815am to attempt the walk (long slow slog) up the hill!
In fact, Matt and I have been sooo teased about this moment,
that we decided to poke fun at ourselves.
We showered, dressed Zara, adorned her backpack and gave her breakfast (seen clenched in her hand) and laid her down to sleep! This way we hoped we could literally wake up and push her out the door! Dr Carl had "joked" that he couldn't wait to drop Joe Joe off and then make it make back to the front of the school to record on video as Zara walked in late to receive her first tardy slip!
When I say this was the neighborhood joke, please know it to be true!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.