zaza's age at this moment!

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

The Munch October 2009

The Munch October 2009
" Don't mess with my gumme bears"

Thursday, November 3, 2011

AMAZING AMTRAK AUTO TRAIN ADVENTURE TO FLORIDA

OCTOBER- the chill is in the air, and that means i gotta get out of here, back to more sun and beach!  My great friend Galina sent  us an invite to her baby shower on the beach in Clearwater Beach-
 no way was i missing a chance to see Galina pregnant a la plage! 
Due to my silliness and irrational flight fear, in conjunction with steeply steeply discounted railfare using Matt's Amtrak points, i opted to take Zara down on the express overnight train to Orlando direct from DC!  Fabulous!  











Matt was even able to join for a weekend and stay with us at our Royal North Beach condo/ motel I booked on the cheap cheap!  

The train was superb and Zara loved telling all the passengers that she was the "AMTRAK MAN" wearing an engineer hat given to us by the train manager in charge of the "train buffs", not sure what that means, but something to do with VIP status because when we we boarded Maggie our attendant brought us a canvas bag with Amtrak treats for Zara- coloring books,  tshirt and shades- I believe we have our neighbors the Lims- who work for Amtrak here in Dc to thank for these speciality items and the special attention- it was too kind. 
While in Florida and thanks to facebook i got to see  two friend from 1986 and earlier - Suzanne from Foxcroft School, Va., and Michele from Cairo American College, Egypt.  
And most fun of all, we also got to see our supah stahs: Team Beth & Jan.  Beth who met while I lived in West Palm beach back in 1994 and so so glad to be in touch with ever since!  Team Beth & Jan are too kind with  bossy Zara and teach her things like tennis and fight songs for Michigan Schools that have the color green in their uniform..." go green go, fight fight fight.. LOL





















Galina even made it out to the beach with us one day and we also hit IKEA in Tampa!  just such a great trip, feel like i could write forever.. and prolly shud!





We made it home barely in time for  disney on ice and Halloween, so more pix come there as well!

2 comments:

  1. Great documentation, as always! I love the pic of us with you holding Zara. I think I'll lift it for my files. : ) I cannot believe you were on that bouncing/swinging contraption! I feel nauseous looking at the pics. ((blah)) Glad you had a fun trip.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.